Reception 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Reception class page 2020 -2021
We are looking forward to welcoming you on Monday 7th September 2020 for your first half day with us in school. You should all have received a welcome pack and an email with details of the half days and which group your child is in.
When you child does a morning session they will start at 9:05am and you should collect them at 12:20 after lunch. The afternoon sessions runs from 1pm to 3:25pm.
I will use the Reception class webpage to keep families informed with what's going on. Please do take the time to check this for regular weekly updates (News Items - below) about our learning in class, as well as notes and important dates for the coming week.
Families, there is a variety of ways for you to contact me. If you would like to get in touch, or find information, you could:
- Face-to-face:– pop in to see us either before or after school
- Drop a line:- write a note but please don't put any important notes into child’s planner (I only see this once a week)
- Telephone:- give us a ring on 01270 685658 – best before/after school, or during lunchtime
- Website:- check out this our Reception class page (updated each weekend)
- E-mail:- contact me at email@example.com (emails are checked regularly throughout the week)
- Newsletter: check the school newsletter online – you’ll find it on the homepage, uploaded each Friday
- Twitter: the school has a Twitter account - search for @goostreyprimary to see regular update
Reading: You can change your child's reader before or after school each day. Please only take one book home at a time. I do try to get them the change them during the day (as I know some children are at Superkids) but sometimes we just run out of time. It is really very helpful if you fill in the reading record so that I know how you are getting on at home.
Words and sounds: These are as important as reading and going over these regulary several times a week just help develop fluency in reading. We have done all words in class and do so every morning during phonics. We also write these during the phonic sessions.
Please make sure all items of clothing and water bottles are labeled.
Files to Download
Reception: News items
There are no News items to display
Reception: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Reception: Events items
There are no Events items to display