Year 6 2020 - 2021
Welcome to our Year 6 class page.
Welcome to our Autumn Term 2021. We are looking forward to greeting families on Tuesday 14th September at 3:45pm for our "Welcome Meeting".
Our summer holiday homework details are available in the newsletter dated 16.07.21 - downloadable below. Thank you.
We use our Year 6 class webpage to keep families informed with what's going on. Please do take the time to check this for regular weekly updates about our learning in class, as well as notes and important dates for the coming week. These can be found under the "News Items" link below.
Where possible, we will share photographs of our activities which will be found by clicking the "Display Work Items" tab. We may even upload some images of our work so that you can see what we are enjoying.
Below is a list of helpful thoughts to our new Year 6 class, from our pupils who have just left. They thought you'd find this a good way to settle you in.
Dear Year 6 2021-2022
We hope you have as much fun as we have enjoyed. Here are a few things we thought you'd like to know:
- You'll enjoy many fun subjects and activities;
- There is so much to look forward to, you will really like it;
- You'll have a good mix of adults to teach you through the week;
- There's always someone to help you if you get stuck;
- You can choose to have a role like Eco Monitor or House Captain;
- Enjoy reading lots of fabulous stories;
- The Science experiments are interesting and fun;
- Look forward to Friday's "7 Up" with Mrs Schurer-Lewis;
- French Fridays with Madame Cuttle is "tres bon";
- Stick to our school rules and your year will be super;
- Do not be worried - it will be your best year ever;
- You'll enjoy lots of lessons outside in the fresh air;
- With age comes responsibilty - every other class will look up to you and follow in your footsteps;
- Make the most of your last year at primary school.
Families, there is a variety of ways for you to contact us. If you would like to get in touch, or find information, you could:
- Face-to-face:– pop in to see us either before or after school
- Drop a line:- write a note, or put your questions into your child’s planner (don’t forget to ask your child to remember to show it to us)
- Telephone:- give us a ring on 01270 918940 – best before/after school, or during lunchtime
- Website:- check out the Year 6 class page on our website (updated each weekend)
- E-mail:- contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (emails are checked regularly throughout the week)
- Newsletter: check the school newsletter online – you’ll find it on the homepage, uploaded each Friday
- Twitter: the school has a Twitter account - search for @goostreyprimary to see regular updates
The academic year 2021 - 2022 is a really important milestone for our pupils who are enjoying lots of exciting events. This includes tasks and activities with us at Goostrey, but also a key moment when they will be moving onto pastures new at their respective high schools.
We are very much looking foward to working with our families during the coming year.
Mrs. Timmins & Mrs. Cowell
Files to Download
Year 6: News items
Headteacher's End of Year Letter, by Mrs Schurer-Lewis
Year 6 - Looking Back and Forth - Friday 16th July 2021, by Mrs Timmins
Newsletter 16.7.2021, by Mrs Schurer-Lewis
Year 6: Display work items
16.07.21 - Brace yourselves for a few photos!, by Mrs Timmins
02.07.21 - A few photos from our learning this week, by Mrs Timmins
25.06.21 - A few photos from our learning this week, by Mrs Timmins
Year 6: Events items
There are no Events items to display