Year 4 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 4
COVID cases are rising in Cheshire East. Please use a lateral flow test on your child if they have any possible symptoms which may include a cough and/or cold-like symptoms and headaches and/or a temperature.
Please read the Start Of Year Pack For Relevant Information, as well as the letter from last year's Year 4 below.
Welcome to our Year 4 class page
Our summer holiday homework and the headteacher’s holiday homework details are available in the newsletter dated 16.07.21 - downloadable below. Thank you.
We use our Year4 class webpage to keep families informed with what's going on. Please do take the time to check this for regular weekly updates about our learning in class, as well as notes and important dates for the coming week. These can be found under the "News Items" link below.
THIS TERM YEAR 4 WILL HAVE PE ON FRIDAY AFTERNOONS - CHILDREN SHOULD COME DRESSED READY FOR PE ON FRIDAYS UNTIL HALF TERM - THANK YOU.
Below is a letter from the previous year’s Year 4, which includes the things that the class thought to our new Year 4 class, should know.
Dear Year 3 (soon to be Year 4),
Hello, and welcome to Year 4. Here are some of the things that we think you should know about Year 4. We hope you find them useful and informative.
- You need to focus and listen
- You will learn about Vikings
- On Friday afternoons, you have a TTRockstars session
- You learn about decimals and angles
- Lessons are fun if you participate
- You should have residential to Foxhowl in Delamere
- You get to do Bikeability
- There is a lot of partner work
- You can work towards earning the right to work in pen. Your handwriting has to be beautifully joined all the time
- Enjoy every lesson you will have lots of fun
- Don’t forget to have fun
- Things on the walls can help you with your work
- Always do as your told first time
- You learn about mountains
- The year goes surprisingly quickly
- Every week you look at an inspirational person
- Nothing is boring
- There will be plenty of sessions on the computer
- There is a marble jar and Star of the Day as well
- There are plenty of jokes, but don’t get too carried away
- We have class stories and we try to make lots of time for them
- Speak up, follow the rules and enjoy your teacher
- You will expand your knowledge by finding new words in the dictionary
- Be kind
- Listen to the teacher it will come in very handy
- To sum it up in one word, it is extraordinary
Hope you enjoy your year in Year 4.
Year 4 (soon to be Year 5)
Families, there is a variety of ways for you to contact us. If you would like to get in touch, or find information, you could:
- Face-to-face:– pop in to see us either before or after school
- Drop a line:- write a note, or put your questions into your child’s planner (don’t forget to ask your child to remember to show it to us)
- Telephone:- give us a ring on 01270 918940 – best before/after school, or during lunchtime
- Website:- check out the Year 4 class page on our website (updated each weekend)
- E-mail:- contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (emails are checked regularly throughout the week)
- Newsletter: check the school newsletter online – you’ll find it on the homepage, uploaded each Friday
- Twitter: the school has a Twitter account - search for @goostreyprimary to see.
We are very much looking forward to working with our families during the coming year.
Mrs. Cowell & Mrs Cooper
Files to Download
Year 4: News items
Year 4: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Year 4: Events items
There are no Events items to display