Year 4 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Year 4
IPlease read the Start Of Year Pack For Relevant Information, as well as the letter below.
The Government and Public Health England have confirmed it is safe for schools to open and all children will be expected to return to school in September. This is great news and I am really looking forward to welcoming the children back on Monday September 7th so that their education can continue.
Staff have been busy supporting some key worker children over the past few months, as well as having three year groups back in school for a number of weeks. We are preparing school for your child’s return and we want to give you assurance of the safety measures in place for your child when they come back in September:
As well as the whole school risk assessment, these are points specific to my class:
- Pupils must not come into school if they have coronavirus symptoms or if they live with anyone with symptoms or who has tested positive.
- We are encouraging children to walk into school by themselves if possible, or be left at the main gate by one adult, for the child to enter the playground on their own. Adults should then leave promptly.
- In order to maintain the bubbles, arrival and departure times will be staggered for different year groups. Year 4’s start time will be 8.45am. In Year 4, the school day will end at 3:20pm, similar to the morning drop off, we ask if only one adult could pick up their child and then leave promptly.
- Our class will be in bubble 1, with Year 6. During teaching time your child will be taught with their own class, but their bubble will share toilets, cloakrooms and play/lunchtimes.
- Children will sit side by side and facing forwards in the classroom, they will not be socially distanced from each other. DfE guidelines states that the risk to children of the coronavirus is low. Adults are still required to be socially distanced from each other and the children.
- Children should wear their uniform as normal. On days where the children have PE we are asking that they arrive in school in their PE kit. They will wear their kit for the whole day. Year 4’s PE day is Tuesday for this half term. Normally, Year 4 would be swimming in the autumn term, but we are awaiting guidance on this.
- Children will have break times with their bubble. Children can still bring a healthy snack (no crisps/chocolate please) into school for break time. At this time, we are not sure if the kitchen is making toast for break. I will let you know as soon as I do.
- School lunches will be packed lunch on some days, and a hot meal on others.
- Children can bring a bag and coat into school (PE bag not required as already stated). The child’s bag will need to be an appropriate size to fit under their chair in the classroom. They will need their sandwich box if having a dinner from home. Children will require their own pencil case containing a pencil, rubber, small ruler, pencil crayons, pencil sharpener. They can also bring their own sanitiser and tissues. Children will not be able to share any of their items with anyone else.
- Before and after school clubs will still take place and will operate in infant and junior bubbles.
- Contact with teachers will still be undertaken remotely in September. I will still be available to answer emails and phone calls during times I am not teaching. Adults will require a pre-arranged appointment to come into school. Our usual September meetings will not be able to take place this year. We will publish our Start of Year packs and curriculum overviews on our class pages by August 31st.
- The DfE has stated that face coverings are not required during the school day for children. Their misuse may inadvertently increase the risk of transmission. If a child wears a mask on the way to school, this will need to be removed before entering the school premises and put in their school bag, preferably in a plastic bag.
- Children will regularly wash their hands and use sanitisers. School will promote personal hygiene – Catch it, Kill it, Bin it.
- A full risk assessment around health and safety, cleaning, Track and Trace etc will be emailed out to all families next week.
We are aware that some children may be feeling anxious about returning to school if they have not been in school for some time. We want to give you assurance that we have robust plans in place and will be focused on supporting all the children back into school with key activities that will help the children settle back into school and enjoy being back in school with their friends.
I hope this gives you reassurance of the safety measures in place to support your child to return to school as required in September. If you have any further worries or questions, please contact me: email@example.com
I hope you have a relaxing, happy and healthy summer. We look forward to seeing you and your child in September.
Please scroll down for year overview of the curriculum.
The news items are updated weekly and tell you what we have been learning in class as well as the next week.
Files to Download
Year 4: News items
Newsletter 5.3.2021, by Mrs Schurer-Lewis
Re-opening of schools to all pupils 8th March 2021, by Mrs Schurer-Lewis
Newsletter 26.2.2021, by Mrs Schurer-Lewis
Year 4: Events items
There are no Events items to display