Year 5 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 5
Please see 'News Items' for weekly updates posted every Friday.
This week's book of the week is - ‘When the Sky Falls’ by Phil Earle (recommended by Mr Campion).
Dear Year 5 2021/22
We are this year’s Year 5 class and these are some of the things we thought it would be useful for you to know for your year ahead.
- There is a nice positive environment in class and Mr Campion expected us to be kind and considerate to each other. He talked about this a lot!
- We learned some really interesting topics, like Ancient Greece, World War II, South America and Rivers.
- The work gets more challenging, but it will be fun and interesting.
- Sadly, we didn’t get to go this year, but Year 5 usually go to Burwardsley for a residential.
- We have Star of the Day, and we earn free time during the week which we can claim on Friday.
- You will get lots of chances to share your work in class, and lots of it goes up on display.
- Mr Campion chooses one piece of writing a week to go on our writing wall and discusses why it is a good piece of work.
- You will need to bring your instrument into school each Wednesday for Wider Opportunities.
- We study English and maths every morning and we have mental arithmetic lessons each Tuesday morning.
- There are a number of great adults who also help you, like Mrs Livingston and Mrs Fairhurst. Mrs Riddell teaches the class on a Wednesday afternoon.
- You get homework on Monday, and it needs to be handed in the following Monday.
- You have your weekly spelling test on Friday.
- We have used some great books in our writing lessons and guided reading.
- Mr Campion asks for book recommendations each week. These go up on display and on the class webpage.
We hope you really enjoy your year next year. Good luck in Year 5!
From the 2020-21 Year 5 class.
Below is a list of topics we will be covering over this half-term. Please feel free to contact me if you have any queries about the work the children are undertaking in class or any other issues. I can be contacted on the email address at the top of the page.
Autumn Term 1
The Lost Book of Adventure – Adventure Story and Survival Guide
Let's Get Moving (Forces)
Geog - South America
Art - South America Art
RE – Hindu Celebrations
PE – Tag Rugby (Tuesdays)
PSHE – No Outsiders (Rose Blanche), Respect, Budgets and Debt
French – Healthy Eating
Music - Wider Opps
Files to Download
Year 5: News items
Year 5: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Year 5: Events items
There are no Events items to display