Y3 Looking back and forth 11.09.20
Friday 11TH September 2020 – Looking Back & Forth in Year 3
Well – Mrs Freeman was right – what a great class I have! Thank you to all of the children for their lovely manners and kind consideration. What a busy and exciting first week back it’s been for our Year 3 children. We have begun to investigate Place Value in our Maths sessions, using resources to help us understand much bigger numbers whilst making sure we can remember what we learnt in Year 2 and English has been enjoyable as we used the book Wish You Were Here as inspiration for our own postcard. We have discussed what we think RE is, have been introduced to the eating habits of some animals in Science, have loved reading about the ‘regular girl’ and her most MAGNIFICENT THING’ and have become experts at how to welcome others.
Year 3 – Pupils’ Highlights:
- Finding out who is ‘pick of the bunch!’
- Earning marbles for our jar.
- Getting to know our new teacher – who apparently is very funny!
- Enjoying writing our postcards about a day out in the holidays
- Fitness training in PE
- Miss Atkins’ assembly about Duck Club
- We’ve loved learning about the much bigger numbers
- Being back in school with our friends.
- And of course…EVERYTHING!
Family discussion questions:
Ask your children…
- What do monkeys eat lots of?
What did the regular girl build and who was her best friend?
- What are the four ways you can represent hundreds numbers?
Next week will be another busy week as we continue to find out more about animal and human skeletons, begin to explore the French language, introduce ourselves to our new topic, complete our reading assessment quiz and learn more about the UK. We will also be welcoming in our new class book – The Iron Man – very exciting indeed!!
PE kit to be worn on Tuesday please homework to be handed in by Wednesday 16th September 2020 please.
Have a lovely weekend and stay safe and well,