Y3 Looking back and forth 18.09.20
Friday 18th September 2020 – Looking Back & Forth in Year 3
Equally as busy all week this week! We completed our reading quizzes on the brand new laptops, learnt how to use different word classes to create really high quality sentences, answered some quite tricky questions in our Place Value Maths, enjoyed our outdoor Geography learning, loved our special PE session with Mr Townsend, learnt even more about healthy food choices and how to sort them and lots, lots more!!!
Year 3 – Pupils’ Highlights:
- Place Value Chart Maths
- Guided Reading – ‘What If’ predictions
- PE with Mr Townsend – stamina training
- Everything in Maths
- Looking at the illustrations and creating our own sentences
- Science – our cutting out and sorting activity with Mrs Riddle
- Geography – outside learning about the UK on our massive map
- Drawing the RE symbols
- Lunch times
- Beegu placards
- Being with Mrs Sant
- Once again – everything!
Family discussion questions:
Ask your children…
- What are the four countries within the UK?
- Which continent is the UK in?
- Challenge Question: What type of words have we been using to create our sentences this week? There are five different types. Can you do the actions?
Next week will be trying out some more assessments to see how we’re doing so far, beginning to read from our fabulous new class book, choosing our new reading books and having our first go at a reading book quiz. We will also be starting our historic exploration into famous inventors who changed our World and learning more about the four countries within the UK.
Spellings will begin on Monday of next week and will be tested on the following Monday. Also, the new comprehension and maths homework has been sent home, ready for completion by Wednesday 23rd September.
Thank you again for a wonderful week and I hope that you all have a lovely weekend,