Y5 16.7.21 Looking Back and Forth
Friday 16th July 2021 – Looking Back & Forth in Year 5
The children have completed some lovely work this week.
In geography, they completed their South America work with their ‘Top-Ten facts’ – which showcased what they had learned over the topic.
In English, the children have been exploring writing skills which are building up to writing their own survival guide next week.
On Friday afternoon, the children had an afternoon of sport on the field – I hope they enjoyed themselves!
Year 5 – Pupils’ Highlights:
- We really enjoyed the South America topic and it was interesting learning about this continent.
- We are looking forward to writing our survival guide next week.
Family discussion questions:
- Ask the children what they learned about pollination and fertilisation.
- Ask the children what they plan to discuss in their survival guide and what survival skills they have learned.
- Can the children remember any of their facts about South America?
It’s really difficult to believe that it is the last week of term. This year has really felt like an epic - returning in September after a long lockdown, then building momentum, only to have the disappointment of lockdown again in January. The children have coped with it all wonderfully though, and produced some truly wonderful work. They have really knuckled down and tried to catch up with lost learning. They have been brilliant!
Next week will be the usual rush to complete any outstanding work, little jobs like packing up the children’s work books, and hopefully some relaxing time together too.