Y5 26.3.21 Looking Back and Forth
Friday 26th March 2021 – Looking Back & Forth in Year 5
We’ve had a hard working week in Year 5. The children really seem to have been engaged by The Hound of the Baskervilles and produced some great pieces of writing. In maths we have finished a string of lessons based on fractions - I have been so impressed with the way the children have applied themselves to this work. Today, the children have enjoyed an assembly with Miss Atkins before burning off their last bit of energy for the week in PE.
Year 5 – Pupils’ Highlights:
- We have been enjoying doing Wider Opps again and playing our instruments together.
- We enjoyed the ending to The Hound of the Baskervilles and we can’t wait to write our own mystery story next week.
Family discussion questions:
- Ask the children how they thought a Christian feels about being part of a local church community.
- Ask the children to show you how to multiply fractions.
- See if the children can recount what happens in The Hound of the Baskervilles.
Next week, the children will be planning and writing their own mystery story using some of the writing techniques we have been studying in class.
In science, we will continue our work on forces and will be using some force meters to conduct an investigation.
The children will also be undertaking a couple of little assessments which will help me identify any gaps in learning and this will inform my planning for next term.
The children spent the first few weeks back going over some notes on their instruments they had learned last term.